Hello,

I have received many flash drives on an order that have message USB Device not Recognized.....malfunction. Can anyone tell me how to fix this ? I am testing these drives on Windows XP.

Thx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Perhaps the Flash Drives are not windows XP compatible (very unlikely).
Maybe you have received a faulty batch.
Have you checked your USB connection with a known good stick ?

does the flash drive show in My Computer,or right-click My Computer>manage>disc management,if you can see the flash dive,right-click and activate

That's correct! I had an IT person look at them and some are missing drivers, some are not initialized and some are not formatted. Thanks for your reply.

does the flash drive show in My Computer,or right-click My Computer>manage>disc management,if you can see the flash dive,right-click and activate

I tried that too. It says 'no driver found for this device '. Thanks for the reply

Do you have Administrative permissions on the account you're trying to connect them with? That may be required to install the drivers.

One thought is that maybe your USB ports are bad on the motherboard. Or maybe you have USB 1.0 ports and the sticks are USB 2.0.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.