I whitched my sons account to acount administrator so we could load some software. But access was denied and when I tried to change his account back to limited and mine back to administrator I was denied both times.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

and mine back to administrator I was denied both times.

lets start with why did you changed yours from admin in the first place ,as a computer have more than 1 admin acct. this is likely where the problem stems from ,
try rebooting computer ,hold down the f8 key and go to safe mode and enter the admin acct that should be there if windows was loaded correctly . [you should see a admin acct + your acct and your sons when in safe mode ]in the real admin acct try making the changes ,good luck

I switched my sons account to administrator so we could load up some software on his account. But the computer would still not allow us to do that. So instead of keep trying, I tried to switch my sons account back to limited and mine back to administrator and the computer denied me both times. Thats where I am now.

Thanks for the help! All straight now!

Thanks for the help! All straight now!

your welcome , mind sharing how or what you did to fix it for people with same problem who come across this post

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.