Hey,

Along with the installation came a host of "Windows.old.0011-003 Files". Is it imperative that I maintain these files or can I safely delete them because they are cluttering up my system. It has taken 7 disk to complete a full backup. If its possible to delete these files, I would appreciate some direction as to how to accomplish this.

This is my first time participating in a forum. I trust I am in compliance with your rules.

Martbarn7

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey,

Along with the installation came a host of "Windows.old.0011-003 Files". Is it imperative that I maintain these files or can I safely delete them because they are cluttering up my system. It has taken 7 disk to complete a full backup. If its possible to delete these files, I would appreciate some direction as to how to accomplish this.

This is my first time participating in a forum. I trust I am in compliance with your rules.

Martbarn7

hi.if you backed up your personal data before the reinstall you should be OK to delete the windows.old folder created when you reinstalled vista

just to support caperjack who has been around the block a lot.
Any '.old' file is a file that an program has kept in case anything goes wrong with its installation / update/ configuration. (and you wish to revert to the previous state of play.) Once all is well follow caperjacks advice and delete.!
M

just to support caperjack who has been around the block a lot.

sure, you had to add "a lot" a few times sounds better,lol

sure, you had to add "a lot" a few times sounds better,lol

Hey at least the statement was a lot and not A LOT heh heh. Later---

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.