I am currently searching through Google results but I was hoping someone would be able to assist me here too.
I am looking for a VB script that will stop more than one service on a Windows 2003 server then set it Disabled.
We are using System Center Configuration Manager in our environment and I want to use this to push a VB script to a few boxes in our environment to stop some services and then set the services to Disabled. This script will need to be written to run locally, instead of remotely, as Config Manager will be pushing it to the local machine.
Would anyone be able to assist me with this? If I have posted to the wrong thread, please let me know and I will post to the correct section.
Thanks ahead of time.
Oh, and Happy St. Patty's Day!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i think you would be better asking ? here .good luck
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/forum4.html

Okay. Thanks.
I found the answer over at Microsoft's Technet Scripting Center forum anyhow.
Just in case anyone is searching for this also on this forum, I found out that Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager will push batch files also. So it would be easier, for me at least, to create a batch file than a VB script. But, if anyones is looking for the VB script, here is what was posted over there:

sComputer = "."
aTargetSvcs= Array("SERVICE1","SERVICE2","SERVICE3")

Set oWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" & "{impersonationlevel=impersonate}!\\" _
 & sComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set cServices = oWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Service")

For Each oService In cServices
 For Each sTargetSvc In aTargetSvcs
  If LCase(oService.Name) = LCase(sTargetSvc) Then

If oService.State <> "Stopped" Then
    oService.StopService()    
   End If

If oService.StartMode <> "Disabled" Then    
    oService.ChangeStartMode("Disabled")
   End If  

End If  
 Next
Next

The other suggestion over there, if you were going to create a batch file, is to use the sc.exe command; 'sc stop' and 'sc config'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.