A while back someone suggested having, as part of your antimalware arsenal, some app that could be installed on a flash drive which could supposedly detect any spyware / malware on whatever computer the flash drive was plugged into. (I think the app was DOS-based, and it could work even if the system was severely compromised, although I'm not sure about those two points.) Could anybody tell me about this app? And would it detect a key logger?

Edit: Sorry, this should have been posted in the viruses & spyware forum.

A while back someone suggested having, as part of your antimalware arsenal, some app that could be installed on a flash drive which could supposedly detect any spyware / malware on whatever computer the flash drive was plugged into. (I think the app was DOS-based, and it could work even if the system was severely compromised, although I'm not sure about those two points.) Could anybody tell me about this app? And would it detect a key logger?

Edit: Sorry, this should have been posted in the viruses & spyware forum.

Hello,

Check out the following site. It lets you create a bootable CD or USB drive with multiple applications for repairing windows. Make sure you update the various applications definitions before you create the ISO. The update options are available under Plugins and are listed next to the application as <CONFIG- to update> if it can be updated.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.