Using Sonic..My system is Windows XP....It seems to take forever, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the preformance of this? Also at times my fan on the machine runs and the weather is not hot yet..

I am just looking for input on this...

Also any of you who knew anything about transfering music files from hard drive to cd..I wonder if files are larger than 80 min and the cd is only 80 minutes, is there any program or way to split the source file to accomodate the the 80 minute cd?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Using Sonic..My system is Windows XP....It seems to take forever, I am wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the preformance of this? Also at times my fan on the machine runs and the weather is not hot yet..

assuming you are burning mp3 file to cd ,and doing it in such a way that they will play in regular cd player[like a car stereo ] if so the mp3 file is being converted to a different larger[wav file ] format ,hence the long time to transfer files to disk
if you have mp3 file and do not care if they play in a car stero [put hundred of songs on each cd for safe keeping ],just burn the cd as data cd and the mp3 is not converted ,there more files fit on the cd and time to transfer is faster .

Also any of you who knew anything about transfering music files from hard drive to cd..I wonder if files are larger than 80 min and the cd is only 80 minutes, is there any program or way to split the source file to accomodate the the 80 minute cd?

no programs i know of ,but that means nothing ,there is lots i don't know

Can you explain how to do that? Its good that you explained, I thought it was my computer! So are you saying that a mp3 file thats like 2 hr concert will fit on a 80 min cd?

Can you explain how to do that? Its good that you explained, I thought it was my computer! So are you saying that a mp3 file thats like 2 hr concert will fit on a 80 min cd?

Can I use regular CD RWs for this?

not saying one mp3 file takes long to convert ,but if you put 10-12 it would take awhile to convert ,but should not take 2 hrs ,but of cource that depends on the speed of you burner ,and the speed of your computer
if you just want to put the songs on disk to get them off the computer ,simply tell burning software to make a data disk and copy about 150 to 200 songs depending on there quality,yest just use regular cd-r, no need to use cd-rw as they are more expensive as they are erasable and you can reuse them

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.