hi
whene i sutdown win 7 monitor turn off but power still workinng !!!
how can slove this probleam thansk

jbennet commented: Speak english -4

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Hello,

Does the computer power stay on or does it turn off eventually?

Try opening command prompt and enter shutdown -s.
To open command prompt press the windows key+R type cmd and then type shutdown -s.

Have you also tried pressing the power button on the machine?

- Let us know how it goes.

Does the computer power stay on or does it turn off eventually?

it stay on

Try opening command prompt and enter shutdown -s.
To open command prompt press the windows key+R type cmd and then type shutdown -s.

i test this but power stay on !!!

Have you also tried pressing the power button on the machine?

with pressing the power button manitor turn off but power still working !!!

hi
whene i sutdown win 7 monitor turn off but power still workinng !!!
how can slove this probleam thansk

You may have a "hung" driver or service. Try turning them off manually to find the problematic one. go into the Services section of the Control Panel or Task Manager and try stopping each "non-microsoft" service, one at a time. See if there is one that will not shutdown. That could be the one that is causing your issue.

As stated in #3, since Windows 7 is in Beta, you may have to try different options to get certain drivers to work. I had trouble getting drivers for the on board LAN to work with an EVGA motherboard. I installed a PCI NIC and finally got the XP drivers to work, not the Vista drivers.

As stated in #3, since Windows 7 is in Beta, .

win7 has been out of beta for months now

with pressing the power button manitor turn off but power still working !!!

explain this a little better please ,how can you tell power is still on ???

do you have a powered USB device plugged in by any chance

explain this a little better please ,how can you tell power is still on ???

whene i shut down computer power stil is working !!!

do you have a powered USB device plugged in by any chance

no

whene i shut down computer power stil is working !!!

Just how do you know the power is still on?

Can you still hear the fans inside the computer running or is there a light lit up? - could you explain exactly what makes you think the computer is still on; this will help us help you.

Just how do you know the power is still on?

Can you still hear the fans inside the computer running or is there a light lit up? - could you explain exactly what makes you think the computer is still on; this will help us help you.

yes i hear power fans is running and light is on , i see the power fan is running but hard disk no , i cant hear any noise from it !!!

yes i hear power fans is running and light is on , i see the power fan is running but hard disk no , i cant hear any noise from it !!!

how do you shut down windows , using the start /and shutdown or some other method .

how do you shut down windows , using the start /and shutdown or some other method .

using start/shutdown - pressing power button - cmd

You may have a "hung" driver or service. Try turning them off manually to find the problematic one. go into the Services section of the Control Panel or Task Manager and try stopping each "non-microsoft" service, one at a time. See if there is one that will not shutdown. That could be the one that is causing your issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.