Hello i just install windows 7 and almost every thing is good only my microphone is not working i have sound but can not use the mic.
i have a asus P5JD2 SE motherboard and a soundmax integrated digital HD audio.is there some one now what to do.

Pilo14

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you manually installed any drivers or let Windows do its stuff? If not, you might need to get sound drivers specially for your computer.

Yes i tried to find the drivers for win 7 but can not find them so i install the vista driver.But i have sound but with xp you got a wizard and you good change their something but here you don't get that wizard.And it said there is no jackBut with the windows 7 compatible test it said it was good for Windows 7

Yes i tried to find the drivers for win 7 but can not find them so i install the vista driver.But i have sound but with xp you got a wizard and you good change their something but here you don't get that wizard.And it said there is no jackBut with the windows 7 compatible test it said it was good for Windows 7

I had a similar problem on my Lenovo laptop. I finally fixed it by install BOTH a new "chipset" driver from Intel along with update sound drivers. So you may need to do both steps also.

Don't know for sure, but just a suggestion.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.