I use O2 as ISP. Someone said I can use 'dynamic' something via the home hub. How do I do that? Is it more effective than windows parent controls.

I have an asministrator account which lets me in to all my files under 'users' . I tried to set parent controls for thiis user account but it said I can't do it because it is an administrator account. So I did what it asked me and opened a new user account, not administrator, and set parent controls in that. But orignal user account has all my files/docs and no parent controls. How do I get parent controls please? I don't think I need newly created user account, no administrator do I?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have an asministrator account which lets me in to all my files under 'users' . I tried to set parent controls for thiis user account but it said I can't do it because it is an administrator account. So I did what it asked me and opened a new user account, not administrator, and set parent controls in that. But orignal user account has all my files/docs and no parent controls. How do I get parent controls please? I don't think I need newly created user account, no administrator do I?

Are you the only user of this Admin account? If so then set an admin password on this account that non parents won't guess easily & set parental controls on all other accounts. Later---

When i want to us the window vista it creates a trouble for me but now i using the previous window xp

http://www.newskycars.com

When you are about to get in bed, do you still worry about what your kids are visiting on the internet? Does it prevent you from catching lots of z's? Worry no more; spend a few minutes resetting your Internet Explorer using Internet Options and be in control again. Follow these simple but valuable steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Scroll to Explorer Bar.
4. Click History.
5. In the View column under History tab, you can browse By Date, By Site or By Site Most Visited. You can list down the undesirable sites opened without your permission. Set aside your list.
6. Now, go to Start, and click it.
7. Go to Control Panel, and click.
8. Click Network and Internet Connections.
9. Click Internet Options.
10. In Internet Properties box, click Content tab and click Enable under the Content Advisor. You will then be lead to the Ratings, Approved Sites, General and Advanced tabs. Within the Ratings tab under the Select A Category To View The Rating Levels, bulleted under the Recreational Software Advisory Council (RSACi -- a rating service for the internet), highlight either Language, Nudity, Sex and Violence categories. Choose the levels that you will allow your users to see by sliding the level slider. Make sure that the box is checked on the General tab under the User Option; this allows you, the Supervisor, to type a password.

11. Go back into the Approved Sites tab. Type all the undesirable sites you listed from the History within the Allow This Website box and press Never. Once done, click Apply or OK. You will then be asked to create a supervisor password. Then you will be prompted that the content advisor has been enabled. Click OK.

Thanks very useful but does my folder have to be an administrator. If I.m not how to set one up, does it need to link to all other folders/files in the path?
Someone said thereis a dynamic IP setting that blocks everything risky Do I have to go through my ISP provider for the setting?

When you are about to get in bed, do you still worry about what your kids are visiting on the internet? Does it prevent you from catching lots of z's? Worry no more; spend a few minutes resetting your Internet Explorer using Internet Options and be in control again. Follow these simple but valuable steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Scroll to Explorer Bar.
4. Click History.
5. In the View column under History tab, you can browse By Date, By Site or By Site Most Visited. You can list down the undesirable sites opened without your permission. Set aside your list.
6. Now, go to Start, and click it.
7. Go to Control Panel, and click.
8. Click Network and Internet Connections.
9. Click Internet Options.
10. In Internet Properties box, click Content tab and click Enable under the Content Advisor. You will then be lead to the Ratings, Approved Sites, General and Advanced tabs. Within the Ratings tab under the Select A Category To View The Rating Levels, bulleted under the Recreational Software Advisory Council (RSACi -- a rating service for the internet), highlight either Language, Nudity, Sex and Violence categories. Choose the levels that you will allow your users to see by sliding the level slider. Make sure that the box is checked on the General tab under the User Option; this allows you, the Supervisor, to type a password.

11. Go back into the Approved Sites tab. Type all the undesirable sites you listed from the History within the Allow This Website box and press Never. Once done, click Apply or OK. You will then be asked to create a supervisor password. Then you will be prompted that the content advisor has been enabled. Click OK.

Your kids internet safety depends on you, the parent. You can set rules, limit your child’s time online but if you are not actively involved with their Internet usage you will never know if they are putting themselves in danger, that's why we need <a href="http://www.tuki.com"> Parental Control Software. </a>

Thanks for the recommendation - is it virus free, trusted etc, how do you know?
Also will it run on Linux or something that will I have firefox with it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.