Hello all,

I've started to work at a small company a few weeks ago. The computer I've been assigned is a P4 2GHZ with Win 2000 SP4 installed and 768 MB RAM. I seem to be having problems when Microsoft Word 2003 is running.

Once I open MS Word 2003, the CPU usage jumps to 100% and stays there for the duration that Word is open. This problem occurs regardless of the programs that are open and how many programs are running at that time. The problem is not present with other Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook).

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Office 2003, applied the Office Update but it did not solve the problem. I've checked for viruses (none found) and spyware (some found), but removing the spyware did not solve the issue. I have disabled Norton Antivirus and Firewall, but it did not help either.

I've searched on Google, but didn't find anything that resolved my problem. Most search results were related to Office 2000.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Mario

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.