I try or tried various programs to burn MP4 to DVD...Basically I get to the stage of Burn DVD.

I have NEW Memorex DCD-R...

The programs indicate the fact that it cant be burned and the trays on the drive open up..

Might you know what I am missing or what is wrong?

I further wonder if its an issue with my pc or not and how would I determine that? I would think this should be an easy process..The last Software I tried was Aimersoft DVD Creator

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

what option are u chusing ,i just use create a data disk and burn mp3's to dvd as data for storage

I dont understand what you mean by burn them as data disks? Could this be my computer? I would think the conversion should be simple, everyone has a different opinion and the DVDS are spit out by the burner>

I dont understand what you mean by burn them as data disks? Could this be my computer? I would think the conversion should be simple, everyone has a different opinion and the DVDS are spit out by the burner>

what are you trying to accomplish, what are you going to do with the dvd of mp3's when you get it made .

try this free tool, converts almost anything, and its free .
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

what are you trying to accomplish, what are you going to do with the dvd of mp3's when you get it made .

Just to play it on my TV..Its mp4 clips taken of a local band.

Just to play it on my TV..Its mp4 clips taken of a local band.

ok, get the software in my other post and install it and go to dvd and video 2nd one from the left and click on it and use the first program in the list that comes up "free video to dvd converter "simply just direct thee program to where the files are located

As a further not to this case, HOW DO I KNOW FOR SURE if I have a DVD BURNER, WHERE DO I LOOK I am wondering IF its possible that its read only?????

As a further not to this case, HOW DO I KNOW FOR SURE if I have a DVD BURNER, WHERE DO I LOOK I am wondering IF its possible that its read only?????

front of the drawer ,should have icon like dvd-rw or dvd multi recorder or RW wit hdvd-recorder under it if it a dvd recorder , if its just a cd-rw and dvd reader it will have a icon that says DVD -ROM
in that case ,Rom= read only memory therefor its not a dvd burner

SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW 252S DVD/CD-R

This is whats in the computer IS this one which will or will NOT burn DVDS?

SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW 252S DVD/CD-R

This is whats in the computer IS this one which will or will NOT burn DVDS?

i googled the model # and it seems it only a cd-rw ,so its not a dvd burner

Caperjack, I THANK YOU, you have been awsome! Today, I burned the files to DVD in MP4 format via my brothers computer they play well...NOW the issue is can this disk be converted to play on the TV ., DVD and if so how?

thats whay my instruction in post # 6 are for

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.