Hey Guys,

I would appriecate any help you guys could give me! I am starting my own very small business, I have SBS2003 running with Exchange. However, due to cablevision restrictions I can't run my email through exchange. Instead I host my mail and pop it down to the exchange server. From outlook everything runs fine, I can select the account I want to send from and it sends great! The problem is when I try to use OWA. It trys to send from the exchange account which work won't, I vaguely remember an option to select which account to send from, but I don't know where/when/how.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hey Guys,

I would appriecate any help you guys could give me! I am starting my own very small business, I have SBS2003 running with Exchange. However, due to cablevision restrictions I can't run my email through exchange. Instead I host my mail and pop it down to the exchange server. From outlook everything runs fine, I can select the account I want to send from and it sends great! The problem is when I try to use OWA. It trys to send from the exchange account which work won't, I vaguely remember an option to select which account to send from, but I don't know where/when/how.

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

actually you can send mail through their out going mail ports if thats what your talking about. i use thunderbird and i set my out going smtp settings to optimum onlines (cablevisions) settings and it worked. i dont know anything about OWA but if your looking for a reliable mail client I would go with Mozilla Thunderbird. It's an amazing mail client program.

- Dave

actually you can send mail through their out going mail ports if thats what your talking about. i use thunderbird and i set my out going smtp settings to optimum onlines (cablevisions) settings and it worked. i dont know anything about OWA but if your looking for a reliable mail client I would go with Mozilla Thunderbird. It's an amazing mail client program.

- Dave

Actually, that's not quite what he's talking about. He's running his own mail server, not client.

Unfortunately, I'm not really as up on Exchange server as I should be..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.