Here's the deal my wife droped her laptop and spilled coke all in the back of it. Well i did what i'm supposed to do i imediately took out the battery memory and hardrive so the computer can dry. Well i waited three days and put it back together it booted to windows vista fine but the only problem was the fan was hitting the side of case as it ran. I was releived because of all the other things that could have been wrong. So i took the laptop apart and fixed the fan put it all back together and now it won't reconize that a hardrive is present. I do networking for differant companies but i don't know the pc repair feild like i should. It sounds to me like a sata board. please help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

From the sound of it, you may not be getting a good connection to the SATA interface. Take it apart again, double-check everything, and put it back together. If it worked fine before fixing the fan, chances are, you just have a lose connection.

From the sound of it, you may not be getting a good connection to the SATA interface. Take it apart again, double-check everything, and put it back together. If it worked fine before fixing the fan, chances are, you just have a lose connection.

Thanks I'll try that tonight

If it does not work, try with another same kind of working harddisk (IDE or SATA). If it does not work, the problem is with the connector of harddisk.

I put another hard dive in the laptop and it did not work but that hard drive works in my toshiba

Repeat your tear down then look for any connection that might come loose during reassembly & make sure all connections survive reassembly

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.