Hello.
I've been having problems.
Sometimes, my computer hangs then goes to a black screen. It goes back then 5 seconds later, it goes to a black screen again. Im thinking it only happens when I play games since it doesn't hang now (I didn't play computer games now). All of my games will actually trigger this. Namely, Luna Online, The Sims: Appartment Life and Plant vs Zombies. As you all know, Plants vs Zombies has very low requirements. My computer meets the requirements of Luna Online and The Sims though.
What happened in Luna Online is when Im logging in and choosing the character part, there is nothing mysterious that will happen. When I have chosen my character, play the game, the video will be jammed. Colors will stretch. There will be random colors that will appear all over the screen. Then when I log out, the hang, blackscreen, repeat thing will happen.
I tried system restore. I also tried virus scanning. I actually found a virus in the games. I moved it to quarantine but nothing changed. I tried physically cleaning my computer but nothing changed.

Also, I disable dsCacheCleaner everytime I use my computer

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

sounds like a video card problem .over heating maybe !
try hwmonitor to check temps ,it will show high and low temps reached on all hardware .
http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

^^ Thanks for that. I tried monitoring. When my computer was completely fine, my NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS' max was 57 degrees celcius. It went up to 61 degrees celcius minutes later and it starts doing black screen and hang. Min and Value is the same. Does that mean it's a software problem?

maybe ,have you install latest drivers for the card

maybe ,have you install latest drivers for the card

I don't know if it's the latest but everything was completely fine until 3 or 4 days ago.

I don't know if it's the latest but everything was completely fine until 3 or 4 days ago.

that happens ,your card may be giving out on you

i bought my car 7 yrs ago and drove it daily since then with no problems,stopped for coffee yesterday ,came out and the starter just kept spinning .would not start car anymore ,such is the live of the mechanical instrument !lol

Check if you are installing latest graphics card and DirectX drivers. Good luck.

did you try system restore...go back about a week

tried system restore. I restored it to last month. It didn't work. Im now convinced this is a hardware problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.