I have MS Office Pro on a work computer that we just tasked to a new job that requires MS Access. All of the other programs in MS Office open and work fine, but when I try to open Access (either by clicking directly on a file or by just opening the program) a Windows Installer window opens up saying "Preparing to Install" which then turns into a Microsoft Office Professional Edition window with the text "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003..." There is a little progress bar that runs with the text "Gathering required information..." Then the window closes and nothing else happens!

I uninstalled Office and reinstalled the full version thinking perhaps it was a bug in the install, but everything else is working fine from Word and Excel to Powerpoint and Outlook.

I need to get this up and running before falling too far behind on the project, any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you are facing problem only in access then it is very difficult to find that where is the problem actually. I would lie to suggest you that as you are using 2003 uninstall it and use 2007 it will be more beneficial and will have some extra features in it. I hope this will help you.

have same problem -- is there any solution other than moving up?

To access ms access then it is very difficult to find that where is the problem actually. I like to suggest you that as you are use 2007 ms office it have many features compare to 2003 so it's much helpful to you.

I have MS Office Pro on a work computer that we just tasked to a new job that requires MS Access. All of the other programs in MS Office open and work fine, but when I try to open Access (either by clicking directly on a file or by just opening the program) a Windows Installer window opens up saying "Preparing to Install" which then turns into a Microsoft Office Professional Edition window with the text "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003..." There is a little progress bar that runs with the text "Gathering required information..." Then the window closes and nothing else happens!

I uninstalled Office and reinstalled the full version thinking perhaps it was a bug in the install, but everything else is working fine from Word and Excel to Powerpoint and Outlook.

I need to get this up and running before falling too far behind on the project, any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!

To resolve this problem, rename the MSAccess.exe and System.mdw files, and then reinstall Microsoft Access.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.