My Niece has asked me to fix her E!-system 3085 laptop. I don't know how she managed to do it, but she deleted all the drivers from the machine.

I've managed to get most of them back, I ran a 'repair' from an XP bootable. The lappy is now OK I can connect to the web (via a network cable), everything looks OK.

The only thing I can't get to work is the wireless, I've had a look on the web and found various wireless drivers for it but none of them work, is there an easy way to check if the wireless card is broken or which wireless card is in the machine??

Cheers,

:(

The best way I have found to discover hardware details without cracking the case is to use PC Wizard 2010. Free download from http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

It should work with the proper driver if it was working before. It might need to be removed and then reinstalled from the Device Manager. After being removed from the Device Manager, Windows should detect and reinstall the wireless device on the next reboot.

Good Luck

Thanks Bytepowered, I'll have a look at it.
Jim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.