Please help. I cleaned up some spyware etc. Everything is cleaned. But now I have a new problem. I used to open excel files with no problem. But now when I double-click an excel file, I got this message:

"Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage.." and then,
"The feature you are trying to use is on a cd rom or other removeable disk that is not available" and then asks me to insert the office disc which i can not find. Any ideas? I will appreciate your help. Thank you.

(I have microsoft windows xp home edition.version 2002. service pack 2.)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Right click an Excel file, then select open with. Select Excel and check the box, always open files of this type with this program, (or something like that), then OK.

That should restore the file assosciation, but other than that you need to find the disk.

MartyMcFly is right-- you need that disc. Can you borrow it from someone?

So long as you legitimately have a license for it, it's OK to borrow someone else's disc for a purpose like this, or even to reinstall, so long as you use your product key that came with your system.

Thank you for the replies. I will ask around for the CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.