I have a network with dozens of XP clients controlled by a Windows 2008 domain controller. One client, and only one of them, takes 3-4 minutes to log in. This is only the case after a reboot. If I log off and log on as a new user without restarting it works fine. I have tried to login using different usernames after the reboot and it is the same effect for each one, so I do not think it is profile related. I have seen mention of DNS issues causing this problem, but I have followed all the advice along those lines and still the problem persists. I have even installed the Profile Hive Cleanup utility.

sounds like a issue with the cableing. perhaps its got a kink in it or some other interfearance.

sounds like a issue with the cableing. perhaps its got a kink in it or some other interfearance.

Rofl.

It sounds to me as if you have an issue with the way windows is loading the networking.

Login with the computers administrator.
Go to start -> run
Type "gpedit.msc" click run.
navigate to: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
Change "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" to enabled.
Click apply, ok and reboot the computer.

Let me know how you get on.

I've done this step a week ago but did not succeed with me, the only change is that the delay've logged on before and not after

[B]group policy was applied from different servers
when ues command "gpresult"[/B]
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.