hello,

can you help me or advise me if i am doing the right thing...i edited the boot.ini in msconfig,in order to boot faster that's what i know.. i change the timeout=30 to timeout=0
am i doing safe?please help me hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Jemz, if you only have one OS in the boot.ini file, ie no choice, then it makes no difference at all - you could leave it at 30secs or 0 secs, but ntldr will ignore that timeout value and just proceed immediately to load the OS. A window showing the default OS will not appear.
If you have more than one OS then you leave no time to make a choice... and it is likely that the window showing the OS list would not have time to appear, anyway. I have two OSs installed, and 4secs is plenty of time to make a choice if I so wish, else after 4secs the default OS loads anyway.
Clear? :)

Jemz, if you only have one OS in the boot.ini file, ie no choice, then it makes no difference at all - you could leave it at 30secs or 0 secs, but ntldr will ignore that timeout value and just proceed immediately to load the OS. A window showing the default OS will not appear.
If you have more than one OS then you leave no time to make a choice... and it is likely that the window showing the OS list would not have time to appear, anyway. I have two OSs installed, and 4secs is plenty of time to make a choice if I so wish, else after 4secs the default OS loads anyway.
Clear? :)

hello sir thank you for the reply and helping me...okay sir everything is clear to me...
thank you again sir more power to you...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.