This is the message I get when trying to access a website (most websites) --

Action Canceled+
The page cannot be displayed
Cannot find server or DNS Error

I tried the following commands and everything succeeded EXCEPT the final command (regsvr32 Shell32.dll)
I am positive I had the command typed correctly and even tried it several times with the same error message each time -- LoadLibrary("Shell32.dll") failed. GetLastError Returns 0x00000485
I even tried to uninstall IE6 but it wouldnt allow me to access the uninstall feature-- Tried to reinstall it-- still no fix-- Can someone please suggest a resolution to my problem-- thank you for your time and consideration--
bww

:cry:
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

are you running a anti-spyware prog? if so you need to change the settings....its not letting the page open

I tried the following commands and everything succeeded EXCEPT the final command (regsvr32 Shell32.dll)

That final command only works on Win 2k and XP.

Check your system for "spyware" and viruses; they can break IE pretty badly. Read the threads in our Security forum for (much) more information on the whole mess.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.