My laptop was working fine this morning. Went to use it this afternoon and had a blue screen saying a problem was detected and it needed to shut down to prevent further damage, then it did a memory dump. I tried booting it up in safe mode and it just went to a blank black screen...tried restarting it and it went to osd:
Intel UND1, PXE-2.1 (BUILD 082)
copyrite (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE ethernet controller v2.0.0.9 (5/08/09)

Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

Can amybody tell me what this means and why it's doing this? The laptop is only a few months old and I haven't installed anything on it. Please help. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

My laptop was working fine this morning. Went to use it this afternoon and had a blue screen saying a problem was detected and it needed to shut down to prevent further damage, then it did a memory dump. I tried booting it up in safe mode and it just went to a blank black screen...tried restarting it and it went to osd:
Intel UND1, PXE-2.1 (BUILD 082)
copyrite (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE ethernet controller v2.0.0.9 (5/08/09)

Check cable connection!
PXE-MOF: Exiting intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

Can amybody tell me what this means and why it's doing this? The laptop is only a few months old and I haven't installed anything on it. Please help. Thanks.

Thats the problem, in the smsts.log file nothing shows up as "failed" or errored out. There are a couple lines that give warnings stating it cant find drivers for specific devices, but nothing fails.

It appears as if its not even attempting to do the OS install from the task sequence. When we have it set for "apply operating system from an original installation source" we get the error listed above (0x80004005) but if we set it to "apply operating system from a captured image" and point it to the install.wim it passes this point and gets to the end of the install. Then when we reboot the captured system it gets the following error on boot: "

The system registry contains invalid file paths. Installation cannot proceed. This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignments would match across computers.

Hi,

You just check in the BIOS that it has detected the Hard disk, if yes start your Laptop again it will don't show any error it will just perform the disk check, after that allow it to start normally. If it doesn't work fine then try running the recovery disk else consult your Laptop Provider.

I checked the BIOS several times, the problem is half the time it will detect the hard drive and the other times it just detects the Network Boot. I even checked and made sure the boot order was correct. Why is it only detecting the hard drive some of the time?

Hi,

You just check in the BIOS that it has detected the Hard disk, if yes start your Laptop again it will don't show any error it will just perform the disk check, after that allow it to start normally. If it doesn't work fine then try running the recovery disk else consult your Laptop Provider.

I checked the BIOS several times, the problem is half the time it will detect the hard drive and the other times it just detects the Network Boot. I even checked and made sure the boot order was correct. Why is it only detecting the hard drive some of the time?

Check the motherboard specification and go to the official website and post the problem in their website it wiil be answered or else if your lapi is under warranty then consult your vendor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.