hello can you help me please, how to install 2 operating system, my board is M3N78-VM ASUS and it is dual booth.

i already installed Windows XP and now it is running properly...i want to install Linux operating system can you help me how to install this in dual booth...thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

hello can you help me please, how to install 2 operating system, my board is M3N78-VM ASUS and it is dual booth.

i already installed Windows XP and now it is running properly...i want to install Linux operating system can you help me how to install this in dual booth...thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds...

Step 1. Download the Ubuntu installer
Step 2. Mount the installer image onto a blank disk and burn it. This is your installation disk.
Step 3. Insert your installation disk into a CD-ROM drive and reboot the computer. The Ubuntu installer will boot and ask you to partition your hard disk. The automatic partitioning mode is recommended because it is easy, and the vast majority of computer users shouldn't need to configure anything but partition size.
Step 4. Use the sliding bar between the two partitions to allocate disk space as you see fit, then commence the resizing operation.
Step 5. Enter your user name, password, language, time zone and other information to configure Ubuntu. Write down the user name and password you select, because without them you will not be able to use Ubuntu.
Step 6. Choose the operating system you want to use. After Ubuntu is fully installed and configured, your computer will reboot. A screen called the "GRUB Menu" will come on screen with a list of operating systems you can boot. Windows XP is usually on the very bottom of the list. You may now select either Windows XP or Ubuntu every time you boot up your computer.

Hi,

You can install the Linux operating system by just running the live CD and then while installing select the advance and over there select the partition. If you don't want to install like that then from the 9.10 version onwards of Ubuntu you can install Ubuntu by directly clicking on the the Ubuntu setup.exe file. It will install the Ubuntu as an software it is really easy try it out.

Step 1. Download the Ubuntu installer
Step 2. Mount the installer image onto a blank disk and burn it. This is your installation disk.
Step 3. Insert your installation disk into a CD-ROM drive and reboot the computer. The Ubuntu installer will boot and ask you to partition your hard disk. The automatic partitioning mode is recommended because it is easy, and the vast majority of computer users shouldn't need to configure anything but partition size.
Step 4. Use the sliding bar between the two partitions to allocate disk space as you see fit, then commence the resizing operation.
Step 5. Enter your user name, password, language, time zone and other information to configure Ubuntu. Write down the user name and password you select, because without them you will not be able to use Ubuntu.
Step 6. Choose the operating system you want to use. After Ubuntu is fully installed and configured, your computer will reboot. A screen called the "GRUB Menu" will come on screen with a list of operating systems you can boot. Windows XP is usually on the very bottom of the list. You may now select either Windows XP or Ubuntu every time you boot up your computer.

hello sir thank you for the reply,i have some question sir where do i install this ubuntu?my windows xp is on the Drive C: i have only 2 partition on my windows xp Drive C: and Drive D: my hard disk drive is 160GB..sir if it is okay for you can you give me the download link of ubuntu sir ..thank you in advance hoping for your positive responds..

Hi,

You can install the Linux operating system by just running the live CD and then while installing select the advance and over there select the partition. If you don't want to install like that then from the 9.10 version onwards of Ubuntu you can install Ubuntu by directly clicking on the the Ubuntu setup.exe file. It will install the Ubuntu as an software it is really easy try it out.

hello sir thank you for the reply. can i ask sir, what is the best version of linux to use or the latest linux..sir also i have problem how to know if i have dual booth is this depend on the motherboard?...why is that my friend's computer cannot handle dual booth.what are the basis..please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

for beginners, much better if you follow arckson advice.

1. download Ubuntu 10.04 here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download
2. Burn the ISO in a CD or mount it using powerISO, daemon tools or, Magic ISO that you can find here : http://www.magiciso.com/
3. Install Ubuntu just like any other software, that is if you already inserted the disk that you have burned or mount it using the softwares mentioned above.
4. after the installation has been finish, you have now a dual boot system.

If you want you can further research on this Linux distro using google, you can try, opensuse, xandros, kubuntu, DSL(Damn Small linux) and etc etc..

But as for me, i like Ubuntu the most, then Opensuse, last kubuntu.

1. download Ubuntu 10.04 here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download
2. Burn the ISO in a CD or mount it using powerISO, daemon tools or, Magic ISO that you can find here : http://www.magiciso.com/
3. Install Ubuntu just like any other software, that is if you already inserted the disk that you have burned or mount it using the softwares mentioned above.

If you want you can further research on this Linux distro using google, you can try, opensuse, xandros, kubuntu, DSL(Damn Small linux) and etc etc..

hello sir thank you for the reply, sir i have question where i am going to put this Ubuntu partition Drive C:? and do i still make another partition just like i do in the windows xp?when i install the windows xp i make parition Drive C and Drive D. and the Drive C is where my windows installed...can you help me sir hoping for your positive repsponds...

sir i have also question if i successfully install this Ubuntu does my windows file will be gone i have files in my Drive D: please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

it will be installed just like any Windows base application or software, it wont affect your existing file either.

it will be installed just like any Windows base application or software, it wont affect your existing file either.

hello sir thank you for the reply, okay i will try this sir,...sir what if i don't want to use anymore the Ubuntu how can i Uninstall it sir?please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.