been getting problems when installing various (random) peripherals. I've had the problem occur when installing a new sound card, my web cam in a usb port and my camcorder in a firewire port... other bits and bobs as well...

basically, when I install it, everythings fine... it all works until the next time I reboot. the boot up process is slower than usual, but goes to the log on screen no probs. It takes ages to load up windows when you choose the account, but at the desktop, it pretty much hangs. All the start up background programs start - eventually - but the toolbar/start menu is totally frozen...

I can get at the system menu via the task manager - but can't find any problems...

I end up having to use the sytem restore and go back to pre-installation settings...

Any clues?

been getting problems when installing various (random) peripherals. I've had the problem occur when installing a new sound card, my web cam in a usb port and my camcorder in a firewire port... other bits and bobs as well...

basically, when I install it, everythings fine... it all works until the next time I reboot. the boot up process is slower than usual, but goes to the log on screen no probs. It takes ages to load up windows when you choose the account, but at the desktop, it pretty much hangs. All the start up background programs start - eventually - but the toolbar/start menu is totally frozen...

I can get at the system menu via the task manager - but can't find any problems...

I end up having to use the sytem restore and go back to pre-installation settings...

Any clues?

Sounds like one or more of your services is disabled, or not starting. Check your error logs in event viewer (system) and post the errors you see

peace

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.