I reformatted my desktop with having backing up the drivers so I installed them manually. How can I assure or check if my drivers are right for my devices? My monitor specifically the graphics are not in good condition after I reformat the desktop so I suspect that there is something wrong with my driver. Is there any FREE software that will scan my devices and look for appropriate driver for them and download it?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello,

Since you put this in the 2000/NT/XP forum I am guessing XP. If it was me I would:

1) Verify the hardware actually in the computer by getting the manufacturers specs and opening the system and getting the models and versions off of the mother board and expansions cards. Definitely double check the expansion cards just in case.

2) Check in Device Manager and confirm that the devices match your list complied in step one. Be sure to turn on hidden devices in case there is a conflict in address ranges.

3) Make sure you also loaded the chip-set drivers for your motherboard. Without them the OS cannot properly communicate with or identify the peripherals.

4) Google each manufacturers web site to confirm there is not a later driver.

Hope this helps.

My monitor specifically the graphics are not in good condition after I reformat the desktop so I suspect that there is something wrong with my driver.

giving that the monitor doesn't need a drive [really ] it more like a problem with the video device [video card ]driver

giving that the monitor doesn't need a drive [really ] it more like a problem with the video device [video card ]driver

Yeah..caperjack is right..maybe the problem is with your video card or maybe you are not aware about the settings of your past OS. Try changing the Appearace and the settings of your PC - Screen Resolution and etc...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.