I recently started using my laptop again and I cannot get into travelocity. I can go to all other websites with no problem but when I type in www.travelocity.com internet explorer (7.0) says it is unable to display webpage. The site is not broken. I went to the library and used their computer with no problem. When I type it in it goes to a google search and then I click on the website and again it states the same thing. The only exception is when it went to the google search I scrolled down and chose the travelocity last minute deals and it loaded that but then I clicked on their home page and got the same message.

I have cleared out all temporary internet files, etc. I am using Windows Vista. I have never had this problem on this computer before so I don't know what may have changed.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Deanna

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

hi,check in IE, tools /internet options/security/ restricted sites, and make sure it didn't end up there

yeah, try caperjack's solution.

If it doesn't still work, try using Firefox as your web browser.

I am having same problem with Chrome...will it work on Firefox.

It is not listed as a restricted site. I will try firefox next.

Thanks,
Deanna

I suggest you upgrade to IE8. IE8 is faster and safer than IE 7. It is also compatible with more sites than any other browser. If you are concerned with the way IE 8 will interact with sites you are visiting, you should check out Compatibility Mode which allows you to view sites as they would appear in IE 6 or IE 7, with the added security and speed of IE 8. Here's some more information: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2009/02/16/just-the-facts-recap-of-compatibility-view.aspx

Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx?ocid=ie8_sm_a

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE Outreach Team

I think you have problem in your computer . So first of all you have format your laptop and re install all the thing in which are require for the computer and also install-the explore Than I think it work.

Check again if you already mask it in restrict area before or check your antivirus, maybe it's issue

It is not listed as a restricted site. I will try firefox next.

Thanks,
Deanna

Hi, in IE go to tools /internet option /advanced ,and reset IE settings ,might help

Forget about Internet Explorer. Choose Mozilla Firefox, it's way better than IE.

Yes, I am agree try to use Mozilla Firefox or the Internet Explorer 8.
Or the problem is with connection. Your not facing any problem while using it in Library. So the problem is because of network connection.

Yes, I am agree try to use Mozilla Firefox or the Internet Explorer 8.
Or the problem is with connection. Your not facing any problem while using it in Library. So the problem is because of network connection.

I think you can browse other Website so there is a no problem in the internet. I think there a problem in the sites or may some other reason .

You can also use "Google Chrome" it is the best.

Yes I am Agree With You.If You can open and Surf the Site then There is no any kind of Network Problem May be it's Site Problem may be Admin Down the Server of that site for the updation of the Site.

I recently started using my laptop again and I cannot get into travelocity. I can go to all other websites with no problem but when I type in www.travelocity.com internet explorer (7.0) says it is unable to display webpage. The site is not broken. I went to the library and used their computer with no problem. When I type it in it goes to a google search and then I click on the website and again it states the same thing. The only exception is when it went to the google search I scrolled down and chose the travelocity last minute deals and it loaded that but then I clicked on their home page and got the same message.

I have cleared out all temporary internet files, etc. I am using Windows Vista. I have never had this problem on this computer before so I don't know what may have changed.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Deanna

There truly is an EASY answer here. Install MOZILLA FIREFOX. probs gone. i took this option 2 years ago and have never regretted it. I actually enjoy playing with all the add-ons....if they work and are useful....good......if not....one click and they are gone!! It is a nice feeling to know that if you have question you cant answer, ....instead of having to shuffle through e microsoft site.....you simply type your question into a "forum" (dedicated page)......and an answer WILL turn up in your inbox !
(on the subject of inboxes....i use mozilla Thunderbird....simple and brilliant !)
Thats my say!!
Condobloke

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.