Hello,

When I turn on my Toshiba laptop (which has Windows XP), it shows the 'In Touch with Tomorrow Toshiba' screen and then the screen goes blank/black, except for in the top left corner where white letters say: Password =

I have tried taking out my battery and pressing the power button, etc. I have tired pressing F8, FN + F6.

I have tried to enter some passwords that I use to enter my account on the computer, but they don't work. When I put the wrong password in, the computer shuts down.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Kate

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What is the Model Number?

It is: PSAA0U-018002

The 0's above are zeros.

Thank you for your reply!

It's a Toshiba Satellite A105-S2712

Ok Kate you need to Reset your Bios, You have to open your laptop up, there is a small button type battery I tried looking for a Diagram of your laptop I couldn't find one, any way take out that battery for a few minutes and reinsert it, and your problem will be solved.

Awesome! Thank you! First time on this website and I love it! :)

i have the same problem but my laptop model is Toshiba M35x S161....when i turn it on it appears only the "in touch with Toshiba" then it turns on a black screen and nothing else follows...please help me fix this problem....

Can you enter BIOS by pressing F2 or Del it should say how to enter BIOS on the bottom of the screen.

Go in and see if you can "Load Bios Defaults".

BIOS menus are always different you will have to refer your manual.

What happens if you leave the machine on for like 10 minutes on the Blank Screen?

Are you comfortable in Removing your hard drive to document and report the effect?

It may be a simple case of malware simply fixed by Reinstalling the OS (you may loose data).

Peace.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.