I have Outlook 2003 which has been working just fine the entire time since I got it in June. I had it already in taskbar and loaded on my pc fine. Went to bed, came back to reply to an email and suddenly when I hit "reply" it hangs the entire software.

I reboot the pc, restart Outlook and click reply again...same problem it hangs when "starting word as outlook editor..." message.

What's the problem? I have no spyware and did not make any changes whatsoever to my system since last night or yesterday in as well. No installs, nothing.

Specs:
Winxp Pro
Office 2003

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Did you try replying without using Word as your email editor?

Open Outlook 2003.

Click on Tools | Options

Click on the Mail Format tab and uncheck both:

"Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages"
and
"Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages"

See if that helps.

Also, if you open up Microsoft Word first and then open Outlook, do you have problems when you try replying to email?

Hi,
Sorry I don't have an answer but I have a similiar problem. When I try to add an attachment I click on the paperclip and it defaults to 'my documents' folder but then when I click on the drop down to change folders, it hangs up. It does eventually come back but takes a long time and then hangs again whenever I try to go to another folder level. I hope we get an answer soon.

XP Pro SP2 with Outlook 2003

www.officehelp.in.

Wow...now that's a plethora of information... I bookmarked that one.

Only problem is I don't see where you can do a "Search". I don't see the option anywhere...

Anyone ever solve this?

I posted a problem about this and found a solution, or rather aworkround. My Outlook 2003 hanged up whenever my network printer wasn't turned on. The problem dissappears as soon as I swicth the printer on. Not quite sure why this all happens though.

Tokyoprince

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.