Hi all,

I'm trying to understand how asite can know that I open in it 2 acounts when I connect to the internet with 2 differents IP address, but using the same computer.
Are computers identified by web apps and web sites.
I'm talking about identifiers other then cookies, as these can be easily deleted.
Where would I be able to find some more info about computer identification on the internet?

Rosh :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Are you taking the time to shutdown, clear your cookies, and reconnect ot the internet via a differnt method?

I was connect to net from home enter to a site to become a member on it. using my brother laptop.
The rools in the site that you have only one account.
My brother from work (250 km from home) connect to the internet and build his self an account in the site.
And the result was that my accout was closed so does my brother acount.
If the IP where diff. and only the same computer how this identification could be?

Rosh

What site? It could have been based on a number of things, cookies, simliar emails, similiar results during registrationj.

What site? It could have been based on a number of things, cookies, simliar emails, similiar results during registrationj.

could also be detecting mac address of nic

Webrowsers don't send that information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.