hey friends
i m having win xp -prof with sp 2 insatalled on the comp. and today is last day for activation of windows is tere any tool aor proccess that can increse the time of activation. or it wont ask for the activation any more.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Only one way to do that: Activate Windows.

Oh, I'm sure you can get an activation key somewhere on the ultra-net, courtesy of crack sites and the like. ...But that's just not legal.

My activation was a PAIN IN THE ASS because the key that was on the activation screen was different from the one on my box (yes, oddly enough, it DID take me that long to notice). Fun times.

Yes, the answer is to activate the Windows installation. Any other answer than that would be illegal cirumvention of the anti-piracy copyright protection, and would not be permissible content on this forum.

Is there a legitimate reason for wanting to extend the useful period without activating? I can't think of one!

Yes, the answer is to activate the Windows installation. Any other answer than that would be illegal cirumvention of the anti-piracy copyright protection, and would not be permissible content on this forum.

Is there a legitimate reason for wanting to extend the useful period without activating? I can't think of one!

yea there is reason for that i have not decided to put which comp activated with xp -prof and which comp with xp -home and i m running some server on the xp- prof for which i need time to switch. as ther is holiday in my company for next 3 day and work load is more i m unable to transfer that server data on it for that thing i need to get my server in working condition. so plz send me any thing that can extend my activation period. i need it badly
thanks

Sorry, but there really is no way to do what you ask without contravening the license and copyright restrictions. About all you can do is lift the data files off the system, wipe the hard drive and install XP freshly again to get another activation period.

Or make a decision and activate.

Sorry, but there really is no way to do what you ask without contravening the license and copyright restrictions. About all you can do is lift the data files off the system, wipe the hard drive and install XP freshly again to get another activation period.

Or make a decision and activate.

but i m not in the position to format and reinstall that system

Then I'd consider your decision has been made for you and you'll need to activate.

If the copies of Windows are full retail ones, you'll be able to wipe the systems and change Home and Pro over later on. It's quite permissible to transfer the license from one system to another if you have a full retail copy.

If the XP license(s) are OEM, they will not be transferrable after activation.

Hi
Go in BOIS by presisng F2 and set the date one week before and keep working until u don't get rid of it.

that doesnt work anymore. XP knows somehow (maybe it counts the seconds and saves it to the registry?)

Its illegal anyhow......

that doesnt work anymore. XP knows somehow (maybe it counts the seconds and saves it to the registry?)

Its illegal anyhow......

this is what i did .
before doing a fresh install of xp home i set the bios date to 01/01/2010.
after installation of xp and before reseting the bios date to the correct date i copy and save the c:\windows\system32 folder
after reseting the date to the correct date i have then 30days to activate
when i need to
reset my days left to acticvate back to 30 days left
i just replace the root:\windows\system32 folder with a copy of that folder
i saved from above
note that when you save a copy of the system32 folder
and when you replace the present system32 folder with it
both operations must be done whthout the win xp os running
ie boot to 2nd os installed or if you dont have multy os installed just boot to dos

if you play with your bios dates and reboot you will find jumpimg ahead days will
cause a lost of same number of days to your days left to activate
and changing your bios dates backwards wont change the days left
at all.
you dont need to change the documents folder nor do you need to change the whole windows folder.the days left to active clock resides in the root\windows\system32 folder i have tryed to isolate it down to sub system32 folders
but have not been sucsecssfull i belive the clock program resides in more then 1 file somewhere in the system32 folder and or in files located in sub folders and if replacing only 1 of the files results in zero days left to activivate on next boot.
but regardless replacing the system32 folder with the copy made in the beginning above will always breng back normal operation with fresh 30 days left

had the same situation, contacted microsoft, they let me activate, and a few weeks later move the OEM to another system and reactivate it there.
gotta mention that I work at a place that is a client in a very good standing with microsoft. integrator, user and reseller.

Copy protection should be banned.

It causes too much trouble when people have legal copies.

dear charliefromwash,

i set my system date to 01/jan/2020 and it also works as you described!
today is 23/aug/2010 as I tried it out.

just have to keep a working copy of windows\system32 the first time I
login, using another OS like WinXP Prof running on another partition. I use FAT32 for my winxp to make sure I have no problem copying/replacing the folder.
Knowledge of DOS is not necessary, as long as you know how to create several
partition. But I admit DOS is handy.

anyway your suggestion is great. thanks a lot.

thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.