Recently I completely unplugged my computer when I moved my desk (home renovations). When I reconnected it and switched on the power my desktop picture came up but nothing else!!!!
No start bar or icons. I've tried everything and when I pressed the windows button its like its working I just can't see it. I pressed it and then arrowed up a bit pressed enter and must've fluked it and hit the internet browser which opened and works as per usual.
I can add new items to the desktop but when I try to open them, get the busy signal, ie its working, but nothing, can't see anything.

Please help me. I have a samsung flat screen monitor. It was a pain installing and I had trouble getting it to work in the first place but now I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I can add new items to the desktop but when I try to open them, get the busy signal, ie its working, but nothing, can't see anything.

If it was as simple as 1. everything worked fine. 2. Turn it of normally, disconnect the wires and move it 3. reconnect the wires and boot it up: then it is more likely a hardware problem than software. I'd certainly start by checking that the video card (and any other cards) are all still seated corrected and that all of the physical connections are correct and tight. If nothing changes, then you could try booting from your install disk just to see what happens on the screen. It would be surprising if it displayed everything fine in that case but if it did, you would have to reconsider what might be wrong. In that case, you could try running the repair option to see what that finds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.