I hear Windows ME is terrible. Just how bad could a Windows operating system be?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I've been running WinMe since Jan 2002. Runs as sweet as a nut for me.

Why do you ask?

WinME was Billys' First go at a "True" System Restore function, and with it's automatic cacheing, it Can get a bit carried away, gobbling up Lots of disc space! With That turned Off, and being Diligent to Create a Restore Point when progs are installed or with Hardware changes, in My experience, has been an Extremely Stable, and Reliable OS.

Here's my 2 cent take on WinME:

I've installed/used windows ME for quite a time and made comparisons with other windows versions. It's more like a windows 98 with the XP feel. It seemed to me that it was a dry run of the XP environment using win98's technology, plus the tons of drivers that bloats up the disk space usage of the OS. I'd rather be using Windows 98 than WinME. But then again, it's just me... :)

I am running windows ME,on a Pavilion N5470 it was great for about a year, until I downloaded a program called mr fixit...Boy did it fix it! System crashed and would not start up again.I had to have windows reinstalled..It has never worked right sence..Multimedia keys don't work, system can't find DVD player....I can't run it for more then 45 mins. Or it will crash..I called HP to see if I could buy a restore disk,but I was told that thay no longer carry it...Can someone PLEASE HELP ME ?

I am running windows ME,on a Pavilion N5470 it was great for about a year, until I downloaded a program called mr fixit...Boy did it fix it! System crashed and would not start up again.I had to have windows reinstalled..It has never worked right sence..Multimedia keys don't work, system can't find DVD player....I can't run it for more then 45 mins. Or it will crash..I called HP to see if I could buy a restore disk,but I was told that thay no longer carry it...Can someone PLEASE HELP ME ?

Please don't hijack old, dead threads. If you need help, create a new thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.