Hi All,

I want to design a web page & publish it ininternet.So can anyone help me out
how I can design a web page.Is there any software through that I can design it.

Ranjan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Mr. Ranjan, I think this is the wrong section to ask. That is the Web Development section as you can see it on the menu at the top of the page.

As far as I know, there is no software that will design the page for you but there is software, such as Dreamweaver and FrontPage, that will provide you with what's known as a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) which will allow you to make the site without having to modify the actual code which is handy if you have no website coding knowledge.

One problem with using WYSIWYGs is that they tend to add extra bits of code that isn't needed.

You can't really just sit down and "design" a web site. You need to understand A) What you're making, B) how it's being made, and C) what you are doing. the problem with anything beyond a very basic WYSIWYG editor is they tend to over simplify rather involved operations, or over complicate what should be a very simple operation. If you don't understand what you are trying to do on the coding side, the WYSIWYG's 'help' will be problematic. Dreamweaver and Expressions both fall into this category. If you know A) What you are going and B) How the program is set up, they are fantastic tools for building a web site. If you don't know those two things, you will run into problems and a lot of them.

There are hundreds of thousands of tutorials about coding HTML on the internet. There are dozens of programs that help you do the coding and automate a lot of the tedious and repetitive parts of coding. I've studying web design now, and I've amassed a sizable library of books on coding, php scripting, and Java Scripting not to mention the books I have on programs like Dreamweaver, Expressions, Photoshop, and Flash.

for a very basic start up to learning web design, I can point you toward the tutorials on my web site: Words of the Bull Tutorials: HTML. Those tutorials will help guide you through basic coding and inserting images into a web page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.