Hi Daniweb,

I'm having a little problem here. I was trying to set up a path correctly (you know the one that's in the environment variables) and i messed it up. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me what should be the value for the Path under system variable, or if there needs to be anything there at all. I'm running windows 7.

Thanks,
~XxNedrthon123xX~

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey nerdthon,

There really isn't a need for it, mine is blank.

An example of what you would need it for would be if you had a script you wanted to be able to run from a console that was located in C:\scripts called rename.bat, you would put C:\scripts in the PATH variable and typing rename.bat in the console would run the script as it would know where it was located from the PATH variable.

Hope this helps

Mine has this entry

%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.