i have a relatively new (5 months old) sony vaio laptop and over the past 2 months or so, the internet explorer seems to randomly shut down and then restarts, what can i do to fix it? i have looked the restore point but they only go back to early september. i have used the vaio care part of the system and they cannot explain why it is happening. it didnt do that in the beginning. the onkly programs i have really downloaded have been things like i tunes, etc., nothing unusual. cld is be from any of the microsoft automatic downloads that are done periodically? advise is appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Internet Explorer ver 9 is coming out soon so maybe you may want to give it a try. Also if you can manage to download Mozilla firefox or Google chrome. Try out this 2 browser as well. At least you can see for yourself which one work best for you. As for IE 8 maybe you check something of the setting in the Internet Option.

if you're open with other browser then I suggest using firefox.
updating your browser to its latest version may also help.

good luck!

sounds like you're infective with virus. try avast to scan your computer. its free and powerful.

i have a relatively new (5 months old) sony vaio laptop and over the past 2 months or so, the internet explorer seems to randomly shut down and then restarts, what can i do to fix it? i have looked the restore point but they only go back to early september. i have used the vaio care part of the system and they cannot explain why it is happening. it didnt do that in the beginning. the onkly programs i have really downloaded have been things like i tunes, etc., nothing unusual. cld is be from any of the microsoft automatic downloads that are done periodically? advise is appreciated

Uninstall any toolbars: look for websearch, Norton, Google, Yahoo, AOL.
Uninstall everything Google: Desktop, etc.
Go to the Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and select reset
Go back to Internet Options, browser history, settings, and change file space to 1024.
Download and run Hitman Pro.(Be sure to get the correct 32 or 64 bit version)-free for 30 days.

1) check for viruses
2) uninstall any toolbars
3) re-install IE8 or IE9 beta
4) i also recommend google's chrome browser. it's super fast and has never crashed on me

Scan your computer with a reliable anti-virus software.

Then I recommend using Google Chrome as your browser, it exceeds my expectations and requirements. Or simply uninstall IE8, then reinstall it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.