Hello All:

I am new to this form of potential problem solving however, information never acted upon is a solution never arrived at.

I have a PC on XP and one day my sounds dissappeared from my speakers (that are integral to my HP flat panel screen.

Windows troubleshooting is so far, no help.

In the control panel, the Audio and Sound devices icon reveals "no audio device" and is in the backgroud as a light-grey shade verses fully "lit up"

I am in hopes that someone smarter than me can lend a bit of information to solve this problem.

thanks to all

Forrest

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello,

Perhaps you are missing the drivers for them or maybe the cables aren't connected.
First check the cables are connected and are in the correct port.
Next you have to try to find the correct drivers if the cables are correctly connected.
Do you know the model of you computer or motherboard number?

You may want to try speccy to get further system information.

- Let us know how it goes.

commented: excellent info that solved the issue +0

Thank you for your assistance / MS 7093 Version 1 is the only bold text on the motherboard - The clunker is an e machine model T6212

forrest

Hello,

If your computer is a eMachine T6212 you can get the drivers Here .

Select your machine and try the audio drivers.

Just a thought...

I have had this same problem with emachines in the past. After doing a full wipe and reload with system disks, still not sound.

After some frustration I was ready to drop a sound card in when WinXP wanted to do some updates. I allowed all updates and when it finished....whala! SOUND! So, it maybe a driver got currupted or something, try requesting a new update or re-install previous updates.

Like I said, just a thought. Good luck

Hello,

Perhaps you are missing the drivers for them or maybe the cables aren't connected.
First check the cables are connected and are in the correct port.
Next you have to try to find the correct drivers if the cables are correctly connected.
Do you know the model of you computer or motherboard number?

You may want to try speccy to get further system information.

Perfect! the site that you directed me to has a host of useful driver updates, etc. Problem Solved. thanks for your assistance.

Forrest

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.