hi,

i have very slow PC..if i open any audio or video files it takes 1 min to open..sometime also show errors while opening file..like 004397425jdabrsbo00 got corrupted something like that..i m using my PC since 2008..& from then i never done anything not even defragging..i think that makes it very slow..i have 720 gb of hard disk..!! So plz tell me some useful tool to fix this problem..!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb Louis. Before messing with the Registry try cleaning out all temp folders,cookies,browser history, yes defrag after 2 years use.bring up start up folder and remove any program not needed immediately at start up.go to each program and turn off auto update -Adobe,HP-all except windows update and your anti virus update. Later---

hi,

i have very slow PC..if i open any audio or video files it takes 1 min to open..sometime also show errors while opening file..like 004397425jdabrsbo00 got corrupted something like that..i m using my PC since 2008..& from then i never done anything not even defragging..i think that makes it very slow..i have 720 gb of hard disk..!! So plz tell me some useful tool to fix this problem..!!

Watching and waiting.

I am a IT Major in my first semester at Community College of Denver. Our text book, by Mike Meyers, recommends this free program: I've used it and it works well

http://www.piriform.com/

Hope that helps you get started!

btw, PCSAWICK829, nice recommendation. CCleaner is great to use and i recommend it on most PCs running Windows, though it's not really a reg cleaner

hi greetings,

i use this one <snip>..this can surely help u..this scans & cleans distorted regs dats annoying ur PC's performance..try it & can help u better i can suggest it coz i m also using it for about 2 months.. :) for me this is the best registry cleaner !!

works well :)
<snip>

hi greetings,

i use this one <snip>..this can surely help u..this scans & cleans distorted regs dats annoying ur PC's performance..try it & can help u better i can suggest it coz i m also using it for about 2 months.. :) for me this is the best registry cleaner !!

works well :)
<snip>

I told you I was watching and waiting.

commented: prophet!!! +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.