Everytime I boot up my comp, I either see my desktop picture but no toolbar on the bottom or no desktop picture with the active desktop recovery screen. Everytime I attempt to restore my active desktop, I get a script error. Whenever I get my desktop picture but no toolbar at start up, I normally bring up Task Manager and end explorer.exe. which gives me the active desktop recovery screen. I'm not sure if doing that will stuff up my comp.

I believe this stemmed from having a virus which kept spamming me with Doctor Antimalware screens. I used Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and HiJackThis to get rid of it. It worked but left some of this residue stuff. I can still use the computer fine but it is annoying. What should I do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I will direct my question to that section. Thanks.

You should do the trick. If the screen doesn’t go then try restarting your PC for the changes to take effect.
1.Go to Run and type regedit
2.Now navigate to this path – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components
3.You would find a key named DeskHtmlVersion
4.Right click the key and select Modify
5.Under the label Base, select the radio button Decimal
6.Change Value data to 0
7.Click OK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.