:sad: My computer has been working perfectly and now all the sudden I cant hear any audio except for annoying error sounds. When I go to control panel then sounds and audio devices it says "there is no audio device" on the volume, audio and voice tabs. But when I click on hardware it shows: Sis Audio Driver, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Media Control Devices, and Video Codecs. When I go to device manager it says that that everything is there. When I click on Volume Control it says an error message: "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add Hardware. This Program will now close. " .....I dont know what to do. Can someone please post soon so I can enjoy my computer again...... :sad:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Go to this tread which deals with the same issue. See if you can find an answer there first.

Nope, that doesnt help me..... :sad:

Have you tried doing as the error said and run "Add New Hardware"?

Do you have a PCI or a built-in soundcard?
If you have a PCI soundcard, what brand and model number is it?
If you have a built-in soundcard, what model and brand is your motherboard?

If it's a pci make sure it's plugged in properly.

if you dont know what make your audio card is, run a program called Aida32 (its free), this will tell you the make and model number. Download the up to date drivers and reinstall!

gn0m3

Nothing here has worked..... maybe I just need a new sound card

i have the same problem. it happen to me just a few days ago. i dont want to reinstall windows so until i dig it up somewhere hidden in those boxes mabe some1 will finally be able to solve this problem.

BTW. i've read the other thread and i;ve followed the procedures but with no success. i honestly thought is because this stupid pop-up comes up at random times and Mutes my volume. then all of a sudden this appears. don' t know thats a mere coincedence or not get back at us ASAP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.