hello everyone!

i am very new here.

and also new in learning software of my lapi!

i got lenovo y410

i installed 'Lenovo ACPI compliant virtual controller, there i found to upgrade BIOS!

but it was failed, then i found that i will loose motherboard if i install a wrong version!

can anyone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Why do you want to flash the BIOS?

If there is nothing wrong with the lappie, there is no reason to flash.

"...there i found to upgrade BIOS!

but it was failed, then i found that i will loose motherboard if i install a wrong version!"
Instructions to flash usually come with a WARNING. When they mention problems which come with power loss during flashing [unlikely] or a corrupted BIOS after flashing, they mean PROBLEMS. Your computer will not work at all. For a non-technical person it gets expensive, often it involves buying a new, pre-loaded BIOS chip. Don't flash unless you see some great benefit from doing so.

thanks above two! for replying!

but i installed ACPI compliant virtual controller, then i restarted my lapi, it asked about a file that if u r sure then only accept, in hurry i rejected it! since then my desktop has gone blank (black) no wallpaper is remaining there. what should i do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.