Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I got my oem xp home and have a question on istallation. Two discs came with it and one says for system builder use only in preinstallation of windows xp. Nor for distribution to end users.
It says windows xp oem preinstallation kit.
The other is the normal looking but it does have some writing on it. I got it from newegg. What do I need to do? Who has used this before? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You say you got the second disk from newegg. What disk is it? If it's an install CD, it won't be thee OEM CD. You need the disk labelled 'Windows Installation CD', or something like that. The first disk you mentioned is a system OEM branding disk, which shouldn't have been distributed, but might have been included as an oversight. You can ask your OEM manufacturer for an OEM installation disk.

Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

THe one disc that I wrote about doesn't look like the installation disc. The other disc looks like the normal disc you get to install xp.

THe one disc that I wrote about doesn't look like the installation disc. The other disc looks like the normal disc you get to install xp.

Allright. Check that the disk you got from newegg is the Windows XP CD. If it is, you can just start setup from that CD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.