Hiya,
For a while now i have had lots of problems with my pc so i tried to reinstall vista again. But somehow i ended up with 2 windows vistas when i started the machine up! So my question is....can i totally wipe everything of the hard drive and reinstall vista again? Also if i can do it, whats the best way of going about it. Is there a good free software to wipe everything of the machine?
If you need to ask me any question about the pc please ask...
Thankyou

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

When booting up with Vista choose format. That will wipe everything and than you can re install fresh.

Are you using a Vista install cd or a recovery partition?

Are you using a Vista install cd or a recovery partition?

i am using an oem cd of windows vista. also i did reformat the drive but for some reason it was still full of stuff which is why i am asking if i could totally wipe everything to start again>

Try doing a full format rather than a quick format! That should do it!

sorry for being a pain but how do i do a full format? I never realised you could do one or the other!

also i did reformat the drive but for some reason it was still full of stuff >

not possible ,quick format or full format, the stuff on the disk will be all gone ,unless the harddrive has more than one partition . like one with windows vista and one with programs and data files on it ,and you are only formatting one of the partition !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.