I have an Acer Aspire one, ZG5 laptop.
It was given to me because someone tried to flash the BIOS and now the laptop will not boot to the hard drive. After the Acer page shows,it shows a blank page after a currsor blinks 3 time in the upper left corner. When I tried to " recover" it, I got an error pop up that says:
File \minint\system32\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded. The error code is 4
Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.
Since the laptop doesn't have a cd rom, is there a Windows XP that will load from a flash drive ?
Any and all help will get greatly appreciated !!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Thanks for a fast reply.
Is there a less complicated way to fix the laptop that doesn't have a cd drive ?
What if the laptop doesn't have an original installation disc ?

..you must have a cd drive to fix your problem..your problem is all about your operating system..your operating system has been corrupted..YOU MUST REPAIR or REFORMAT your laptop..if you want to try other option, try this one..scan your laptop with an online anti-virus scanner (housecall.trendmicro.com) or you can your UPDATED ANTI-VIRUS in your laptop..use FULL SCAN!.if the issue still continue, then you have to REPAIR or REFORMAT your laptop..if the problem still occurs then it's in the hardware problem already..i hope it helps!..^_^..

I can't scan the laptop because it won't boot to the hard drive. Is there a way I can buy and external cd drive and use a regular Windows Installation CD, and fix it like that ?

..yeah..you can buy an external cd drive for your laptop so that you can use a windows installation cd to repair your Operating system..i think it expensive to buy a external cd drive..but it is up to you if you want to buy..^_^...

I think you should take it for a new computer back, this should be the issue of manufacturers

Thank you both for your help. I found someone who has an external cd drive and another that has a newer installation disc.
Thats what I'm gonna do.

Or there is this, one I use, WinToFlash. If there is a simpler method, I have not bothered to look for it... Anyway, you seem to be sorted - this is for information only.
Use this software and your XP installation cd to make a bootable USB flashdrive XP installation... just dclick the wintoflash.exe for the wizard to start.

I don't have an original cd so I just ordered on and I will install it using an external cd drive.
Thank you for your help !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.