Hi,
I want to stop downloading while we uses the internet connetion form web site. But at the same we can access the mail..

Girdhar

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you typed.

It would help very much if you could write more, or try to word your question differently.

I am sorry, but I do not understand what you typed.

It would help very much if you could write more, or try to word your question differently.

I have an internet broadband connection. I just want to access the internet web pages as a surfing purpose but to prevent from downloading the files. Is there any option to do so....

A browser basically does nothing but download files and render their contents. The web pages you go to are either html files or generated content that looks like an html file. In order for the browser to render the images on the page, it has to download GIF, JPEG, and other similarly encoded files.

There are products that you can use on a network gateway that can prevent access to files that meet certain criteria, but this requires a lot of work and sometimes additional expenses for equipment and software.

if you want to do this so that they cannot be accessed 'AFTER' you have visited them, you can clear your browsers cache and history. these are the records and actual information from the places you've been recently. in firefox, you can do this from 'tools' 'options' 'security' and there will be 'clear' buttons next to everything. i'm honestly not sure you can permanently delete ANYTHING with internet explorer.

Go to Tools -- Internet Options -- Security -- Click Custom level in internet --
Scroll down to "Downloads" - "File Downloads"
Check the "Disable" circle
All done!

Go to Tools -- Internet Options -- Security -- Click Custom level in internet --
Scroll down to "Downloads" - "File Downloads"
Check the "Disable" circle
All done!

Interesting. I never knew that IE had such an option.

Thanks nanosani,

Now i have got the solution.

dear friends,hello yesterday i want to download vlc-media player from internet and this download is still on showing message that one active download (1hourm9minutes remaining) .Actually iwant to stop this message from the screen, thanks

how can i stop downloading from internet i need only access

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.