Hi all - I have a Macbook Pro and Im happy enough with the Mac OS but Im interested in installing Windows onto my Macbook - think of it as being best of both worlds. I have read many reviews on "Mac or PC" but am still in two minds as to whether or not to install Windows, some would ask whats the point of investing in a Mac if your going to taint it with Windows?

Though I do most of my work on a Mac I would like to become adept at using the Windows OS too as when a-lot of people i know, including my University professors use it. I suppose my question is what other people, (Window enthusiasts) think?

Cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you mean to replace the Mac OS with windows or set up a dual boot so that you can use either?

If it was me I'd go for the dual boot option!

I can't think of a good reason not to use Bootcamp to set up Windows, just so that you can keep up with the OS and have it handy, unless you are really crunched for hdd space.

I can't think of a good reason not to use Bootcamp to set up Windows, just so that you can keep up with the OS and have it handy, unless you are really crunched for hdd space.

wow, the boss mingling with the little people .lol ,just kidding ,how you doing

I agree ,no need letting us suffer alone,with windows .lol

Whoa didn't expect the big people to bother with us little potatoes down here lol :P No I'm not pressed for HD space and I would partition the HDD in order to use either as I feel necessary - I don't want to abandon Mac OS X, I just want some versatility :P

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.