i wanted to record a karaoke song with my voice.I have the software called Cool Edit Pro to record.But my microphone did work, and i tried to buy to new one but the neew one doesn't work either.
Even chat voice my friend couldn't hear what i said.
So what can i do now,if i have to operate the PC or something like that so don't tell me because it's impossible i use laptop. :cheesy:
Pls help me

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

If you're using XP you could got into control panel>sounds and audio devices, this should show your main sound device, if your mic is not plugged into this it is unlikely it will work. I have had the same problem. If there is no way to plug a mic into your default device then the program you are using must be set to accept the other device not your default one. There will probably be some kind mic setup in the program you are going to use, you need to go through that. This may sound silly but make sure the mic is on and that it is not muted anywhere on your PC.

Good Luck

Click "Start", click "Run...", type "sndvol32.exe", and press "OK". This will load up the volume control program. Click "Options", click "Properties", select "Recording" from the "Adjust volume for" options, make sure that "Microphone" has a check mark next to it under "Show the following volume controls", and press "OK". Click the checkbox beneath the "Microphone" heading and raise the volume slider about midway. If there is a button labeled "Advanced" underneath the "Microphone" heading, click it, put a check next to "Mic Boost" (if present), and press "Close".

Try the mic out. See if you are able to get any sounds through it. If you aren't able to, adjust the volume slider up until you get sounds out of it. A good way to test if you get any sounds through the mic is to load up Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe), press the record button, speed directly into the microphone, press stop, and press play.

commented: Helped a million in having the same issue and reading the thread! thanks! +0

How about we go back to basics? Is the mic plugged in? And to the "Microphone In" port?

Click "Start", click "Run...", type "sndvol32.exe", and press "OK". This will load up the volume control program. Click "Options", click "Properties", select "Recording" from the "Adjust volume for" options, make sure that "Microphone" has a check mark next to it under "Show the following volume controls", and press "OK". Click the checkbox beneath the "Microphone" heading and raise the volume slider about midway. If there is a button labeled "Advanced" underneath the "Microphone" heading, click it, put a check next to "Mic Boost" (if present), and press "Close".

Try the mic out. See if you are able to get any sounds through it. If you aren't able to, adjust the volume slider up until you get sounds out of it. A good way to test if you get any sounds through the mic is to load up Sound Recorder (sndrec32.exe), press the record button, speed directly into the microphone, press stop, and press play.

Thank you very much dude.It's working now but when i record i heard this:http://bunny.yeuamnhac.com/others/test.mp3
can u listen to it and see is that problem?
Thank you

Try lowering the volumefor the microphone in Recording Controls. Click Start>Run>sndvol32<press enter>. Click on Options>Properties. Under "Adjust Volume for", click "Recording". In the Recording Control applet that popsup, lower the volume for "Microphone".

If this doesn't help, i suspect the microphone. Try a different one.

Now most screen recorders add the audio recording feature and your can test your audio recording device before recording.

A 4 year bump!

When i typed the "sndvol32.exe", and pressed "OK". It said i didn't have it or something like that. So do you know another way?

like in my volume control recording button i dont have it and it doesant recognize my mic or somtheing lol need help

Have you installed sound card driver?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.