I have a spreadsheet for each month of 2010 (Jan-Dec) that is used to track church members donations by month. Under each month I have the last name, first name and weekly donation with the monthly donation total at the end of the row.

I would like to output on one page each person's name and monthly contributions and yearly total and disseminate to each member.

Anyone have an idea on how I could do this as 'automagically' as possible? Formulas, a form, I am puzzled on how to accomplish this short of a huge copy and paste operation.

Thanks all.
Mark

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

excel itself has a helpful programming system within it. you can reference the contents of any cell (or other page with cells) by using the 'title' of the cell (or page and cells) (or even worksheet, page, and cells!).
So if you concoct a formula like in cell A1 = (page jan(ci))cell B1 = (page jan(c2)... etc
and then use fill down it will automatically change all the references in the folowing lines to the correct ones. The syntax of the formula I have given may not be correct but the theory is and does work as I use it for a bilingual tax sheet!
m

PS: You might get a better response if this was posted under programming ( as this is what it is)and not just windows general.
M

I have a spreadsheet for each month of 2010 (Jan-Dec) that is used to track church members donations by month. Under each month I have the last name, first name and weekly donation with the monthly donation total at the end of the row.

I would like to output on one page each person's name and monthly contributions and yearly total and disseminate to each member.

Anyone have an idea on how I could do this as 'automagically' as possible? Formulas, a form, I am puzzled on how to accomplish this short of a huge copy and paste operation.

Thanks all.
Mark

are you using excel 2007?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.