Hello to all,

I am using Windows 7 x64 and I require an immediate help on how to set hardware acceleration to full in this operating system.
I've tried google but no result was appropriate and I came to know that I need to go to the "Change Settings" under "Troubleshoot" tab but its just greyed out (Please see the attached image).

So, I need to know how to make that button work or any alternative way to change the hardware acceleration.

Thank you very much in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

What graphics card do you have?

Thanks for your quick and relevant reply Rik.
I've got NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS.
I know that its an old graphics card but I want to know an alternative method of enabling hardware acceleration with the same graphics card as I am developing windows games using XNA with Visual Studio 2010 and at the starting point of my project it is showing error however I have not written a single word of code in that.
So, I just need to find an alternative way to run my project which is possible by adjusting the hardware acceleration(as I suppose).

It's most likely a driver related problem. Have a look on the Nvidia site for a driver for your card. The microsoft driver isn't usually the best driver anyhow!

Are you using windows 7 32bit or 64bit?

I've checked the nvidia websites and would appreciate if you could please provide me an appropriate link and also I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks to all in advance.

Hmm, 64bit can be a problem! There used to be a scanner on the Nvidia site, if it's still there, give it a go!

I would really appreciate if you could please provide me a link of the same.

I've attached a .doc file.
Please find the attachment and kindly tell me what to do now.
Thanks in advance.

That's a .doc file. Please remove it and use a .txt file instead as .doc files can harbour malware with ease!

I don't know how to remove that however I would certainly appreciate if you could please open this .doc file and kindly let me know the further steps to be followed.

Thank you very much.

I will not open a .doc file because of the risk of infection to my own computer!

Here it is.

Product Current Latest Driver
Installed Driver Update

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 258.96 GeForce/ION Driver v266.58
SE/7200 GS Version: 266.58 WHQL
Release Date: January 18, 2011

Includes several bug fixes-->
• Improved scaling quality with video streaming content from 3DVisionLive.com over previous 266.35 Beta driver
• Adds 3D Vision Window Mode support for the following games and applications:
• Games
o Aion
o Crazy Racing Kart Rider
o Crossfire
o Dragon Nest
o EverQuest 2
o Guild Wars 2
o NED
o PopKart
o QQ Dance QQ
o QQ Xian Xia
o Tian Long Ba Bu
o World of Warcraft – Burning Crusade
o World of Warcraft – Wrath of the Lich King
o Xun Xian
o Zhu Xian 2
• Google Earth
• Improvements to 3DVisionLive
• Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: Acer GN245HQ, Acer HN274H, Hannstar HS233, I-O Data 3D231XBR, Lenovo L2363dwA, Planar SA2311W
• Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Acer X1261P, Sanyo PDG-DXL2000
• Adds support for new 3D Vision All-in-On PC: ASUS ET2400XVT
• Adds support for new DLP HDTVs: Mitsubishi WD-83838, WD-83738, WD-73838, WD-73837, WD-73738, WD-73638, WD-73C10, WD-65838, WD-65738, WD-65638, WD-65C10, WD-60738, WD-60638, WD-60C10, L75-A91.
• Added the following 3D Vision game profiles:
o Arcania: Gothic 4
o Crazy Racing Kart Rider ??????? ?????
o Crossfire ????
o Darksiders
o DC Universe Online
o Dragon Nest
o Front Mission Evolved
o Guild Wars 2
o Hank Haney's World Golf
o Lineage 2
o Medal of Honor (2010) Multiplayer
o Medal of Honor (2010) Single Player
o NED
o Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
o NVIDIA Demo: Aliens vs. Triangles
o NVIDIA Demo Endless City
o PopKart ?????
o QQ Dance QQ ??
o QQ Xian Xia Zhuan QQ ???
o Tian Long Ba Bu ????
o TRON: Evolution
o Vizerra (fullscreen version)
o World Rally Championship 2010
o Xun Xian ??
• Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
o Lost Planet 2 – rating is now changed to Fair
o Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2- rating has been changed to 3D Vision Ready
NVIDIA Surround
• Improved performance for 3-way and 4-way SLI configurations
• Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the 3D Vision Surround web page for a full list of supported games.
NVIDIA SLI
• Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o Alien vs. Triangles Demo
o Endless City Demo
o Lionheart: Kings Crusade
o Moscow Racer: Legends of USSR
o Rift: Planes of Telara
o Shaun White Skateboarding
• Enhances SLI profiles for the following PC games:
o Age of Conan
o Arcania: Gothic 4
o Civilization V - DX11
o Lost Planet 2
o World Of Warcraft
Other
• Installs HD Audio driver version 1.1.13.1
• Installs PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514
• Supports playing back Blu-ray 3D discs when connecting your GPU to an HDMI 1.4 3D TV. Playback requires compatible software application from CyberLink, ArcSoft, Roxio, or Corel. For GPU and system requirements, visit the NVIDIA Blu-ray 3D website.
• Supports lossless DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD audio bitstreaming support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce GTX 460, GTS 450, and GT 430 GPUs.
• Supports high definition 24-bit, 96 and 192 KHz multi-channel audio sampling rate support for compatible Blu-ray movies with GeForce 400 and 500 series, GT 240, GT 220 and 210 GPUs.
• Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
• Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
• Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
• Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports OpenGL 4.1 on GeForce 400 series and later GPUs.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
• Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
• Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

You need to download and run the driver!

I did but still I'm facing the same problem with no changes.

Well thanks Rik for your kind concern and thanks to all for no replies at all.
Rik, you are definitely a helper and no issues with you but I think its a hardware problem.Anyways I'll do it some other time.:)

Sorry but I have a very busy life at the moment. I repair laptops and PC's for a living and have been working 7 days a week, often late into the night for almost 3 months without a single day off!

No need to apologize Rik and I definitely understand that's why I appreciate you for your kind concern.
Thank you very much Rik and have a wonderful life ahead. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.