Thanx for this forum where I may find a solution for my problem. my problem that if I worked hardly on my pc and use many applications the computer ether the computer will freeze or A stop error screen will appear and the massage is:

Stop 0x00000024 (0x001902FE , 0Xa64FC6B8 , 0Xa64FC3B4)

NTFS.sys address E750219B base at F75A1000 Datestamp 41107eea

My computer is winxp sp2 with 3.00GHz CPU and 1.00 GB RAM, the VGA is RADEON 9550 AGP

Please how I can fix this problem nad thanx alot.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

General Zox,

First check your hard disk with this:

-Double-click My Computer, and then select the hard disk you want to check.
-On the File menu, click Properties.
-Click the Tools tab.
-In the Error-checking box, click Check Now.
-In Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box. You can also select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
Source

If that doesn't work, we'll take a look at your system memory. Perhaps your page file isn't large enough, or one of your memory sticks are corrupt. (We'll check that later). If all else fails, either myself of someone can recommend some tools to monitor your system's heat. Perhaps one of your components is overheating. But first check your hard disk with the fore mentioned steps.

J_

Good advise J Search, always important to try varying configurations, before diagnosing a hardware problem.

The most common cause of Computer slowness imo is that the Primary Partition, (your C:\) has no room left for the page file. Check you have 1.5Gb free on you C:\ drive.

One suggestion...I feel that running chkdsk from the recovery console performs a more thorough scan than from the Windows Command Prompt. From recovery console, run chkdsk /r

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.