i need help!!my PC is running under two windows on 2 different partition.XP home on C drive,XP pro on D drive.The problem now is,i was unable to change my main boot disk to the CD!!i cant get to the BIOS setup!is there any other way to get in the BIOS screen?Whenever i start windows,it'll prompt me to choose the windows i wish to start from.I just cant get into the BIOS setup.Another thing is i my disk drive doesnt seem to read the windows installation disk.It wont autoplay,and my disk drive will be still empty after i inserting the disk.Any ideas whats happening?How can i clean my system and reinstall windows?

the question is:
1.How can i get into the BIOS setup screen?
2.Any other way to get into the BIOS setup other then pressing DEL in the start-up?(pressing DEL wont work for me)
3.How can i reformat my PC when it don't detect the windows CD?
4.Is there any way to change my main BOOT DISK other then using the BIOS setup?

I need help here.Thank you!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It's not always the 'Delete' key to get into the BIOS setup, could be one of the F keys, so try them instead. When the PC starts you normally get a message at the bottom during boot-up, saying something like "To enter setup press XX" where XX is the actual key you need to press.

It's not always the 'Delete' key to get into the BIOS setup, could be one of the F keys, so try them instead. When the PC starts you normally get a message at the bottom during boot-up, saying something like "To enter setup press XX" where XX is the actual key you need to press.

nope..it wont work..i've tried other keys as well.Any ideas?

You don't say if you receive any error messages. Your first task should be to check your CD-ROM drive. I'd start by going to this article on Microsoft's web site.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314096

Since I'm assuming that your CD-ROM drive did work at one time, you can probably skip steps 1 and 2. But go through step 3 to see if your drive is being recognized by your system and also to see if there are any errors being reported in the device manager. Also take note of steps 6 & 7.

Does your CD-ROM recognize any other disks?

Regarding accessing your BIOS, this varies from computer manufacturer to manufacturer. You should consult your operating guide, or go to the manufacturer's web site for help there.

problem's solved!!thanks for all the trouble!!i took out the battery and got into the BIOS setup..changed the boot priority..and everthing goes well!thanks again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.