I have a Lenovo/IBM desktop M55 8810 Win XP Pro SP3.

I have the error for the "HDA Audio Bus Driver Required but Not Found." when trying to install the required sound drivers for the computer.

I've tried the other fixes I've found and I get the error "The packjage you are trying install detects a higher service pack than this package."

Any ideas...

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Where did you get the drivers you have tried from?

The drivers I have tried were from the following, each with their own type but all with the same end result.

HP
Microsoft
Lenovo

I have a Lenovo/IBM desktop M55 8810 Win XP Pro SP3.

I have the error for the "HDA Audio Bus Driver Required but Not Found." when trying to install the required sound drivers for the computer.

I've tried the other fixes I've found and I get the error "The packjage you are trying install detects a higher service pack than this package."

Any ideas...

Yes, the video card drivers have a built-in HDA audio that needs a driver, look-up the video card on your system and then check Lenovo website for a "newer" driver.

Let us know, if this fixes it.

Topbarhive

No this still came up with the same error as before with the missing HDA Driver.

Did you check out the install instructions that Lenovo provide as a .txt file?

Yes I did. Still the same result after doing it again.

So, did you ask them for the patch?

Still received the same problem. The install goes fine and the comp restarts but i try to install the driver itself for the audio i have on the computer and it still fails on the HDA error.

The download from the previous link and I've tried the suggestions from Lenovo but they failed.

Are you doing a new installation of windows or is it one you have had on it for a while? If it's an old install, did the audio work previously?

The audio never worked for the six months that i was using this station since i've had no need for it now that i have been asked to do audio editing and video snip editing i now have a need to have it. I looked under device manager and it shows nothing wrong and all audio devices installed and working properly but when i go to control panel and view the audio menu i get a screen stating that no audio devices are installed. All audio devices are integrated with the motherboard and should work just fine since the computer is not really that old and i've been using a laptop for my work instead but i need to computer to work for me.

Some sound devices will only show up properly if speakers are connected to them! Just an idea!

And yet i'm just trying to use the audio jack in the front for a headset since i would like to edit the files peacefully in the office. But i do have a set of small speakers attached but they don get power from an external source.

Try plugging the headphones in the back audio socket.

I have still received nothing from the computer when i have the headphones plugged in the back.

Well, now that I don't need to have sound on this computer anymore, ya'll can ponder on this subject as now it is an object taken to the back burner. Hope you all have a good day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.